The outside of your commercial building can sell what’s inside. This is why it’s important to maintain the front marque of your commercial building. Because if you have graffiti on your marque; as in on a building, it not only looks unkempt and neglected, but it sends out the wrong message to potential tenants. Also, graffiti make people think that the area is unsafe and can invite further vandalism along with its unwelcoming appearance. A well maintained marque is welcoming though and can send the message that your building is a safe one. So how can maintaining a marque work well for your business? Below are some suggestions:
- Look beneath the surface. Sometimes an older building may have a beautiful architectural detail which has been covered up for years by a marque. This design though can be an asset to your building and attract the right type of tenants though. But if the building is older, first see if your building is a historic or a landmark building; there are different rules and regulations governing everything here including signs.
- Decide what changes you could make to change the appearance of your marque. Don’t use anything that will make a visual clutter such as garish paint. Look around at your neighbors too and see what ideas you can gather from what they did to their marques.
- Make sure you follow regulations and zoning guidelines. Some cities and municipalities have zoning ordinances for sign requirements. Also check and see what permits you’ll need before you change anything in your building.
- Be sure to have bright light to deter crime. By using inviting lighting, it can make a perspective tenant feel welcomed and safe. Lighting, when used correctly, can enhance your building. Remember all lighting should be done by a licensed professional. Too, signs that illuminate may not be zoned for your area.
- Another cost effective method to have your marque stand out is paint. Use a color of paint that will accent your building though and not make it stand out in the wrong way.
When improving the façade of your building, always keep in mind the architectural features.